To influence Congress’ 2019 policy agenda, The National League of Cities wanted to demonstrate a broad spectrum of support for infrastructure investment among cities and stakeholders.
Scarlet Oak Strategies utilized its field team network to generate grasstops & grassroots engagement of target Senators and House Members in four key states by:
- Delivering local news interviews of mayors and city officials; placing Op-Eds and LTES from local council members, business leaders, and stakeholders in dozens of markets.
- Arranging AM radio interviews with local government officials and political pundits.
- Generating over 100 letters to target Members of Congress from city leaders, business organizations, trade associations, and other allies.
- Broadening the conversation to social media channels, increasing the potential audience for infrastructure issues.
- Creating new content for NLC to use now and in the future, including video testimonials, photos, and other creative assets.
Creating new content for NLC to use now and in the future, including video testimonials, photos, and other creative assets.