The National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) needed to deepen their communications to critical voices in the U.S. Senate around the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Scarlet Oak Strategies engaged its field team network to generate Grasstops & Grassroots engagement of target Senators through a variety of tactics including:
- Generating hundreds of letters from top members of the agricultural community, business/civic leaders and local elected officials.
- Placing opinion editorials and letters to the editor from local influencers and business leaders in dozens of markets.
- Facilitating AM radio interviews with local growers and national association staff.
- Conducting stakeholder meetings with Members of Congress and their staff, as well as local elected leaders.
- Conducting issue visibility at Congressional Town Halls, county fairs and other high-visibility events across multiple states.