Scarlet Oak Strategies is a public affairs, strategic communications, and campaign firm. We help our clients create meaningful impact at the local level to influence policy, elections, and public opinion.
Our team is seeking a talented public affairs professional with a public policy, government, campaign or political background. We are looking for the right person who can understand and advise on complex public policy issues at the local, state and federal level. Additionally, candidates need strong communications and writing skills as well as an interest to build client management skills.
Position: Director/Manager, Public Affairs (Depending on experience)
* Reports to CEO & Managing Director, Western U.S.
- This position will have some responsibility to manage some client accounts directly
- Create comprehensive public affairs strategies and sophisticated advocacy capability on complex subjects in support of client’s business and policy objectives
- Build relationships and alliances with influencers and organizations—both non-partisan and across the political spectrum—that can help advance client’s reputations and policy mission(s)
- Create communications materials to advocate for client priorities, including reports, LTEs, briefings, talking points, etc.
- Analyzing and monitoring legislation, regulations, and political activity a the federal and state level relating to issues that may impact clients
- Developing external public relations strategies and approaches for transportation/development projects
Researching federal and state procurement opportunities
- Excellent research and writing skills a must
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in political campaigns, government affairs, public affairs or corporate advocacy. Capitol Hill experience a benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, government, public policy, political science or related field is required
- Position is currently remote, preferred location is the Washington, DC or Seattle, Wash. area
Salary for this job is commensurate with experience. Benefits including health and dental. Scarlet Oak Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Public Affairs Position.”