Scarlet Oak Strategies is a public affairs, strategic communications, and campaign firm. We help our clients create meaningful impact at the local level to influence policy, elections, and public opinion.
Our team is seeking a Western U.S. focused government and public affairs professional with a public policy, government, campaign or political background. We are looking for the right person who can understand and advise on complex public policy issues at the local, state and federal level. Additionally, candidates need strong communications and writing skills as well as an interest to build client management skills.
Position: Associate/Senior Associate, Public Affairs
* Managing Director, Western U.S. & Managing Director, Eastern U.S.
- This position will have responsibility to support client accounts directly including:
- Support the execution of comprehensive public affairs strategies and sophisticated advocacy capability on complex subjects in support of client’s business and policy objectives.
- Build relationships and alliances with influencers and organizations—both non-partisan and across the political spectrum—that can help advance client’s reputations and policy mission(s).
- Create communications materials to advocate for client priorities, including reports, LTEs, briefings, talking points, etc.
- Analyzing and monitoring legislation, regulations, and political activity at the federal and state level relating to issues that may impact clients.
- Support the deployment of external public relations strategies and approaches for complex projects.
- Excellent research and writing skills a must. Familiarity with social media, website and digital is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience in political campaigns, government, public affairs, PR or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Position is currently remote, preferred location is around the Seattle, Wash. area
Salary for this job is commensurate with experience. Benefits including health and dental. Scarlet Oak Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Send a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Public Affairs Position.”